Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Walking through Dew Soaked Grasses

A day of rest with a bit of jet lag lagging behind me.
Up, not so early,
saw Dana off on a 9 mile hike with Suzie and Kim.
I declined the ‘straight up’ trek with three very fit ladies!

Visited, checked the garden and walked through early morning with Larry.
Freezing temperatures last night destroyed all the new growth
on grapevines, but blueberries, saskatoons and blackberries are ok.

A much shorter gentler wander 
through dew soaked grasses with Cleo, his dog
then on my own for a quiet afternoon,
Tapped away on my Addictions writing project,
napped,
tidied the kitchen,
sorted through my belongings,
outside to take a couple of pictures. 
(this blog’s picture a couple of years old, early summer morning)

Then to a really quaint garden store - more rustic I guess - 
Larry chose bedding plants and a tomato cage
Susan nabbed two dozen free run eggs, from an Amish producer, and a jar of honey.

Home for supper, 
more visiting and now to bed.

“A quiet mind cureth all.”
- Robert Burton

1 comment:

Kate Hersberger Moving forward Looking for the Joy! said...

Loved following you through your day with the dear ones. xo