Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

How to Create a Lunch ‘To Go’

Meals to the field
School lunches
Lunch to take to work

What do these three things have in common?
 
Good food and presentation

Stopping
in the middle of the field;

at noon between classes;

half way through the shift

to nourish the body so work and studies
are not delayed too long

But what about the person 
who prepared the lunch ~
a small meal just for me?!

My mom showed me how to make my lunch
I love designing my lunches
I love creating my own mealtime
My joy in whatever my day has brought me
because my creation is more than just the food.

It is about the presentation.
A pretty place setting,
Nicely wrapped sandwiches.
Hot coffee or tea in a china or glass mug
Cold milk in a glass tumbler (or fancy jelly jar)
And a little dessert to round out the meal.

So many of us
just throw something together from the cupboard (often not a balanced diet) or 
run to the deli across the street for something good that fills the stomach
(costs too much in time and money)

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking
if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.”
~ Voltaire

No comments: