Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Very, Very Busy Day



Sorry folks,
I'm late tonight!
I had a busy day!

Dental hygiene topped my list
The hygienist is quite good
and with a cheery smile
She cleaned my pearly whites.

Two hours until my next ‘to do’
I sat in the sun and read.

Then next on the list:
a weekly visit for massage to my back
my scoliosis was gently eased.

Home once more
an email message from friend Margaret
suggested a visit over coffee for mid afternoon.

So while waiting for that time to pass
I ate a little lunch
then resumed my seat - now hot from the sun -
and read more of Stephen King's latest novel.

A break now and then to clear soil around my
potatoes
peppers and
tomatoes
kept my thumbs more black than green.

At the end of the coffee break and chat with a friend
a plan of great import was made at the till
Supper at a restaurant was the plan that we made ~
Chinese food at Rosie's fit this very next bill.

Then my last errand before beginning this page:
another appointment to keep way downtown.
with the hairdresser who dyed, cut and styled my hair
I finished my rounds.

Whew!  What a day! 
It really was a very, very busy day.

“Here, on the river's verge, I could be busy 
for months without changing my place, 
simply leaning a little more to right or left.”
~ Paul Cezanne

No comments: