Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bubbles of Self Doubt

Poignant and troubling self doubt
‘My child is an addict - his children are with me.
What should I do with all my
fears for his safety
worries about my grandchildren
anger about his life
grief for my newborn so full of wonder and promise
self doubt about what I did wrong as a parent?’

‘My little sister is an addict - her husband has left with her children.
What should I do with all of my
fears for her safety
worries about my nieces and nephews
anger about her life
grief for the shared childhood that has been lost
self doubt about what I did wrong as a big brother or sister?’

Poignant and so very heartwarming
‘Through all of my fears and worry, grief and anger, 
He is my son
She is my daughter
He is my brother or She is my sister
She is my grandmother or He is my grandfather
Special, precious and loved.’

“Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”
~ David Ogden Stiers

No comments: