Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Instinct and Intuition

Antlers still thick with velvet, the young deer strolled through the tall grass nipping bites of grasses and wildflowers. He saw me and only looked at me long enough to say good morning, then strolled on. Maybe six feet away, he continued on his quiet breakfast stroll in the Garry Oak Meadow of Beacon Hill Park. It occurred to me that he had no fear of my presence, had no doubt about his safety, despite my camera pointed right at him. Aren’t man and wild beast afraid of each other, giving wide berth to each other when suddenly in the same space?

Self-doubt is a human construct. There seems no doubt of any kind among the birds and trees, deer and grasses. Safety or danger is or it isn’t. Able or not able. Trusting their instincts they put themselves forward - or not.  

“By banishing doubt and trusting your intuitive feelings,
you clear a space for the power of intention to flow through.”
~ Wayne Dyer

No comments: