Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Writer's Burn-Out Extinguished

There were clues
Tiny red flags
Quite attractive really 
Not signalling danger
They were just spring flowers, right?

What were the clues?
Sticking to routine till it was a deep rut
No interest in baking, or much else in the kitchen - cooking only to make a meal
But of course the outcome causes added weight.
Sitting long periods feeling sad or bored or without purpose.
But of course it’s the weather, work, bills...the usual (oh and self-ageism)
Feeling cut off from the world despite telephone, Facebook, blog,……..
Yet attending every activity as usual
Quieter in groups
I know - that’s unusual for me - but it felt normal.

Relearning to treat myself with kindness - again.
Looking for tiny bits of beauty and joy
An attitude adjustment from poverty of spirit to wealth of gratitude.

Today I’m baking muffins - just because I wanted to
Twice in one week, I’ve roasted red peppers for my salads
Feeling looser, more relaxed
Visiting today with a pool mate (Peggy’s 92!) while we exercised
Great spaces of time when I feel like I’ve just woken up.
Crochetting again, writing easier again, feeling creative juices begin to stir
Breathing with inspiration and imagery
Feeling reconnected to life as it is.
This recovery from burn-out is slow but it’s such a relief!

“Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.”
~ Joseph Campbell



No comments: