Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Out of the Gate!

It’s only a walk
Ten minutes a day - or as many minutes as one wants!
Or run, or cycle, or swim or ~ 
Any exercise outside of a work day….

Once more I almost played the age card on myself! 
All the team members will be younger so don’t even bother!
A kind of misplaced arrogance? 
Or is it false modesty?
Where is your humility!

A definition of humility  - according to The Free Dictionary online -
is: ‘modest opinion of one’s own importance or rank’

Do I want the rank of ‘too old’?
Sure don’t!
I can do minutes of anything…..

So - running (walking) shoes on, 
bathing suit at the ready, 
(I don’t cycle),
my daily yoga gear ready for morning - the challenge is accepted!

“Difficulites strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.”
~ Seneca


No comments: