Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Not an April Fool's Joke

This is not an April Fool's joke.  I'm writing this post using my iPad. The less than charming computer interference I experienced on Easter weekend has sent my laptop to the 'computer hospital' to ensure that there is nothing lurking in the chips and gigabytes (if that is the right vocabulary).

I did use my iPad one other time for posting my blog, so I know it's possible. Possibilities present themselves at the most unusual time and in ways that could not be imagined. In the minds of those in withdrawal from active addiction, or maybe just in frustration, possibilities are hidden by exhaustion, fear, grief - a multitude of feelings and situations. And yet, slowly, slowly as each of those individuals regain their health and sanity, possibilities begin to show themselves bit by bit.

Health, sanity and sobriety does return more slowly for some than others. Those who keep coming back for one more attempt at health and sanity, along with sobriety, have seen and felt the possibilities and the stressors of a sober life. The choices all remain to be supported throughout these long struggles. Because possibilities always exist.

"Ensuring possibility is kept alive is imperative."
 ~ Stephen Redhead, Life is Simply a Game

No comments: