Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Session Three - Art Writing Class

Painting by Dorothy Appleton
The challenge is still on. When other classmates are artists of the visual arts, my art is crafting of words - specifically this blog. This week we were introduced to the Artist Statement. To examine the roots of my desire to write, my personal study in writing - and then put it all down in words - was a very interesting exercise. The completed statement is part of next week’s assignment to hand in. I plan on posting it on next week’s blog.

My ‘pop-up gremlin’s’ have been quite noisy today assuring me that I am completely out of place in the class. Once they quiet down, I let the little darlings know I am learning about myself and my writing practice. The real purpose of this class.

“In a half-empty-glass sort of world, 
I’m the little girl whose cup runneth over.”
~ Sheila C. Johnson

No comments: