Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

A Selfie in Words

A selfie from June 21, 2015
I can look at my skin and see
wrinkles on my hands, face and arm, skin no longer smooth and soft with youth

Awareness of age ~ my age ~ 
pushing seven decades - but not there yet - gets scary from time to time!

Until I’m in the midst of some thing ~ focused on some one when I lose myself in the moment. Any notion of those fears vanish as though never before there.

In that zone of fascination
There is no age - no aches or pains 
And crepe like skin has no power over me

Except that each fold, each wrinkle, each thinning
Has the soft strength of experience.
So I look at my skin and see a kinder reality.

"This is the true wine of astonishment: 
‘We are not over when we think we are.’"
~ Alice Walker

No comments: