Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Trailing

The first thing I was aware of when I opened my eyes?
Socks
Brown wooly socks balled up and resting on the pillow beside my head.
Wrinkled black jeans tossed over a chair
Bright yellow t-shirt with a black/white yin and yang symbol
Three pair of shoes over turned and scattered ~ sandals and clogs

I’ll deal with them later.
Coffee
After I wash the pot
Find a clean cup among
Crockery with remnants of last nights hamburger and gazpacho
Knives, forks, spoons ~ how many people live here?

Chaos in the morning
Not my friend
Pick up and put away
Socks in the hamper, hang up clothes and make the bed
Dishes in the dishwasher and leave the cupboard clean and dry
Open the curtains to sunshine and leave a tidy trail behind.

“It is a rare life that remains orderly even in private.”
~ Michel de Montaigne

No comments: