Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Awareness - Body and Mind

I called in sick for today and tomorrow - but not from work
Put my personal life on hold
Not wanting to be aware of how I was really feeling

Not an easy task to make each call
Knowing that I’d miss 
   A fun luncheon for next years book choices, 
      A long scheduled financial planning meeting  
Therapeutic massage tomorrow would be amazing

After all it was only a sore throat
And head full of cotton packing
Oh, and energy drained and draining

But these nasty viruses or bacteria or germs of some sort
always looking for another host would not be shared by me today!
They will have to live out their life cycle in this person.

All these things that make up our lives
  hard to give up even for a day
difficult to let go - even for an hour
tough to just lay them down and rest.

“Rest and be thankful.”
~ William Wordsworth

(I did get the laundry done though)

No comments: