Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Misty Memories

An expanse of deep blue calm stretched before me. At my feet, my old red canoe waited patiently for me. Cool water rose to my ankles while I pushed and floated my old friend forward. In this calm sea, I was confident that a short dip on the sea would lift my heart. My old fibreglass canoe had seen many, many times of family fun. I remembered the island that our little family had paddled to, the fishing trip when I lost my fish to my son on the other side of the canoe, the many days when I helped lift the canoe up or down from the canoe. This wide, calm blue in the early setting sun uplifted my heart, memories floating to my mind’s eye. Mist rolled toward us as I beached my old friend. We sat quietly, sided by side on the cooling sand.

“In every conceivable manner, 
the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.”
~ Alex Haley

No comments: