Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

Animal Talk

This morning I was provided with information about why animals sleep by two of my favourite animals:  Eva, my grand-dog and her favourite playmate Purdy, the Cat. Here are their lessons which may or may not be valuable for my readers. By the way, I have been instructed that there are to be no pictures of, especially Purdy, in sleep. Eva really doesn’t care, but just to respect their friendship………



Eva:  When a dog sleeps
it is solid and sudden
because there is
nothing better to do -
no human to accept 
my undying affection.









Purdy:  When a cat sleeps
it is a decision - not just
a decision but my decision.
There is no ‘because’. 
My well reasoned decision
relates to my comfort.
My choice of where to sleep
is in a darkened room
on a human’s large bed, 
centred at the bottom edge of
two, rather flat, pillows
which gives me 
sufficient room to curl up
for my well deserved nap.

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”
~ A.A.Milne

No comments: