Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Middling

Caught 
in the middle with 
lives on each side 
jostling and jiving for attention and love while standing on the middle of life’s teeter totter 
edging back and forth so I won’t fall off into the dirt and dust of the old school yard or onto grassy asphalt streets of maturity.

Through it all revelling in the warmth and love 
of family and friends,
wee precious new ones and beautiful, crumpled elders
This middle place where I stand is my own crumpled heart 
expanding daily to hold all my
  memories and plans,
    dreams and progress. 
Each morning as I open sleepy eyes, 
place still strong bare feet on the floor,
I am grounded 
in my own worth and worthiness
from all my loved ones have given me.

“You are, at this moment, standing, 
right in the middle of your own ‘acres of diamonds’.”
~ Earl Nightingale

No comments: