Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Faded

This is the first in a very long time that I’ve missed my own morning requirement to write and post on this blog. Besides visiting in Regina for ten days while meeting my great grand daughter ~ she is quite beautiful, you know ~ I had two days at home, then dashed off to Vancouver for a short, challenging family visit. After a too late night, a too early morning, a choppy sleep (accompanied by a sweet kitty), and what felt like an excruciatingly long bus ride home, I finally had a nap while attempting to listen to Bill’s Brain (about Bill Gates)! This short poem is the residue of this most recent experience.

         Faded

Few words and thoughts
when sleep hovers, 
hide behind sagging eyelids.
Kindness to myself is
quiet, comfort and warmth.
Being gentle with myself is
to slow down, rest and be at ease.

“I think the highest and lowest points are 
the important ones. Anything else is just in between
~ Jim Morrison

No comments: