Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Home at Last ~ A Cat Tale

“I have had the house all to myself the last couple of days. Oh, she’s at home in the morning to feed me. In and out all day. No mention of when or where she’s going or if she’s coming back. She ripped up a bunch of paper this morning but didn’t give me any. She did give me a new toy - or at least she thought it was a toy. Very boring though. The jingle noise it made was the most interesting but it just lies there on the  floor. When she comes in late, she does feed me but only after she beats on that flat thing with her fingers. I am patient until she takes too much time, I walk back and forth behind her head and rub against her hair. It gets all sticky-up-ie and feels like my own hair. But she’s home now and doing the beating on the flat thing. She’ll feed me soon and we’ll finish this day. She calls it Christmas Day and she seems pretty happy with it. Sleepy, but happy.”


“I explained it loud and clear. What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?”

~ Lee Wardlaw, Won-Ton: A Cat Tale Told in Haiku


 

No comments: