Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

I'm Serious Too!

I seldom have meaningful conversations with two year olds. Tonight was no different. There was discussion about colours, numbers, listening to sing-song-y songs, cutting up apples, getting more orange juice, mom and dad encouraging her to eat her supper and so on and so forth. I don’t really remember what issue brought a burst of laughter from mom, dad and great-grandmother (better known as grandma). I mean real genuine laughter. All I know is that I looked sternly at said two year old and said in my best ‘great grandmotherly voice’: “I’m serious!” Without missing a beat, her best two year old little voice said: “I’m serious too!” We just all broke up ~ well, not all of us ~ Miss Two Year Old continued playing.


“The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe.”

~ Lawrence Kutner




 

No comments: