Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Timing and a Brain ‘Dwindle’ ~ An Essay (sort of)

Well, it’s almost 9 pm. I have yet to write anything for my blogpost. Sitting on my sofa, Mr. Jet (my cat) in the other corner; writing and emailing to the Regina Newcomer’s newsletter ~ done. Research when and where we meet for our monthly Dinner Social ~ done. Submission to our little publication ~ done. Why didn’t I get it done earlier? Because today was full. Slept in - just a bit. Yoga, exercises and other morning activities (Mr. Jet’s litter box) ~ done. An appointment in the early afternoon. A birthday celebration of friend (One year clean and sober). And then home. 


So. What was the bright spot of my day? Actually two bright spots. First, the birthday celebration. The second? That little piece of satisfaction that smooths any wrinkles in a day that seems to be speeding up and taking on a life of its own. Taking some time after the fullness of my day, I sat and looked around my mind (that can be a scary place). TV playing old re-runs. Walls and ceiling offering zip. Mr. Jet sleeping. 


It was the timing. My day had been all planned. Lots of space to get to my appointment, get my groceries and write my post. Surprise! I was invited to a birthday celebration! But how to add it to my day. Relying on the Regina Transit System posed a challenge ~ I thought. Did I mention the Brain ‘Dwindle’? It was fortunate! Because I remembered my appointment time 45 minutes too early, I got it all done! Buses on time! Home by 4p ~ celebration by 5p!


“Maybe no good timing means there’s no bad timing either.”

~ Casey McQuiston, One Last stop


No comments: