Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A Happy Accident

A Happy Accident


Many years ago, purely by accident, an elephant, a monkey, two owls and a frog found their way into my home. No children in my home, I asked them 

“Why me?”


The elephant said,

with a toss of its trunk:

“just because!”


The monkey said,

as it swung from a branch:

“ ‘cause you need some fun’


The two owls, perched on 

the elephant’s back, hooted as one

“wise words are what you need”


The little green frog croaked,

as it squatted in the mud:

for children to come.”


So I welcomed the elephant,  

the monkey, two owls and the frog

~ and two great granddaughters (for real!)!


“Every single thing in the world has its own personality, and 

it is up to you to make friends with the little rascals.”

~ Bob Ross, Happy Little Accidents: The Wit and Wisdom of Bob Ross


Disclaimer: not a handmade quilt! Shh ~ Don’t tell. 




No comments: