Pages

Monday, November 21, 2022

A New Pair of Glasses

Four weeks ago, I purchased this new pair of glasses. One pair of many since age 12. In five days, I will have reached the magic (?) age of 75. The road has been long and, sometimes, not exactly a red carpet. I could be fooling myself but I believed bits of wisdom have stuck with me from time to time. From ancestors, family, friends, mentors, acquaintances and maybe even political news of the day! Occasionally a passer by who reminds me that smiling can change a bad day. 


To roll it all into one: We are all good enough, right enough and smart enough for whatever life tosses our way. There is another: Kindness from another and to another will ease those bumps in the road, steer us away from potholes and will let us rest. Gratitude for the little things, the big things and everything in between keeps us out of the pity parties that would love to take hold. 


I don’t know what tomorrow may bring, and I don’t want to know the minutiae of my tomorrowsMy new glasses keep my vision clear. It is my heart and my soul that helps me see. For all of that, I am truly thankful.


The years teach much which the days never know.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


 

No comments: