Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2023

A Spot of Colour

Attention to the details of colour draws my eye every time. This orphaned set of fuzzy leaves on a long drying stem needed a place to rest. Getting them home, I really didn’t know whether I could keep them alive or not. I just put the long stem in an unused spice bottle full of water to see what would happen. I just about forgot it!


Two days ago, when I did give it my attention, that spot of beautiful colour surprised me. A tiny perfectly formed flower bud! I have since transferred that charming greenery to some soil to see if I really have saved it. I’ve supported it with rocks and am keeping moist. The little bud  doesn’t look too healthy, but I can only keep my fingers crossed.


“I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, 

to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience for novelty or 

for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.”

~ David Hobson, Garden writer


 

No comments: