Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Detours

Straight forward ~ take the #40 straight to the Golden Mile Plaza. First stop: Old Fashioned Foods; around the corner to Good Earth for coffee with Louise Penny’s Kingdom of Blindness; down the sidewalk and across the parking lot to Superstore for groceries. Home. Should only take about 2 hours.


My first detour: Wasn’t that cold today, but I took the first bus that came along………….wrong bus! Got out at the next bus stop and hustled back to a correct bus stop ~ #7 saved me. Everything went as planned until I had coffee in hand. A lady was standing up, buttoning her coat… “Are you leaving?” (it was my favourite table.) “No, but you can sit down here.” We visited for an hour and a half! Great conversation - we covered all the important topics - grandkids, dogs, family, politics, money…….. No more detours! Got my groceries for making granola on Friday, got the correct bus home……….Took me about four hours! It was fun though!


“Life doesn’t always go the way you planned it to go. 

Sometimes you have detours you have to take.”

~ Andrew McCutchen


 

No comments: