Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Idiopathic..

Now there's a word!

'Idiopathic': the answer. 
'What was the cause?': the question. 

Idiopathic means: no known cause.
Wonderful!

In the midst of nurses training, 
research in my text books verified my dismay ~ 
sure enough ~ no known cause.

Over the years I have wondered:
chicken pox when I was a baby?
a violent headache when I was 5?
the car accident when I was 15?
hormones?
did it run in the family?
Was it any or all of them?
Was it something totally unrelated to any of them?

Have I ever answered the question?
Nope.  

Did I have to learn to live with it?
Yup.

Was there a 
'How to Live with Epilepsy and Have a Successful Life Manual '?
Nope.

Just live your life like every one else does - but mind those annoying seizures!

“Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.”  
~ Thomas Jefferson

No comments: