Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Believe


I believe.
No specific form or dogma
does my belief take, but
I can tell you that:

I believe in 
sunshine, blue sky and cloudy days
birds on the wing or perched on high on a branch. 
squirrels gathering nuts
dogs, cats and horses.....
animals of every kind.

I believe in the roots of 
grass, plants and trees
friends and family
entwined and reaching below the soil. 

I believe in a vast connection between all things 
in waters and rocks of this great Earth, 
the stars in the sky, the sun and the moon
all pieces and parts of the Universe.  

in awe of everything around me 
is humbling ~ I am a part of it all.

I believe in 
humankind’s innate ability to heal 
deep wounds that cripple and scar
small scratches that annoy. 

I believe
there is no greater power 
than healing when the connection is made
with self and Universe.

I also believe that, 
in our constant seeking 
for new toys and technology,
we may look too far outside of ourselves 
and bypass the inner joy of healing.  

I believe in
a babies cry and
the final farewell with
all the sharing of joys and sorrows in between.

We race the races and 
dance the dances to each other's tunes when really
our dance is our own to choreograph 
be it a slow and graceful waltz or 
a jumping, jiving jitterbug.  

In this world, 
in this day and time, 
I believe that 
we must dance our own dance and 
race our own race 
with brightly coloured balloons in hand.  

Bring your own music and 
dance your own dance,
the party is on......

“Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.”
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: