Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Listening for Humour (Humour vs Road Rage)


Errands on my list today were one and two and three.
Timing was important getting from A to B to C.
Parking spots came easily. I was pleasantly surprised.
Each office I attended had no waits inside.

But then as I was driving, city traffic all around,
my chuckle came from deep inside when I heard the sound
of the Dave and Morley story Stuart McLean was telling us.
The radio audience listened despite the noisy city bus.

Road rage can disrupt a drive to errands on our list - but so can story when it is so humorous!
If we don’t take time for story - humour may be missed!
So start your morning early, so timing can be stretched.
You'll find there’s humour anywhere just waiting to be fetched.

“Observe due measure, for right timing is 
in all things the most important factor.”
~ Hesiod

No comments: