Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Ordinary Colours


How many things did I think of today
that stretched out my grin, called me to play?

First tasting hot coffee with ginger, you know, and then there were blankets that warmed up my toes.

After breakfast and yoga, to work I did go, dark sky coloured dawning, a wonderful show.

Quiet drive down the street with pink snow on the ground
No joggers, no dogs and their walkers, no cars were around.

Parking so neatly, I walked into work
to be greeted quite cheerily by shifting night folk.

There was joy in the day, both humour and fun,
and of course all the serious work did get done.

A short trip back home, greening trees lining lawns
At home, daffodil nodded ‘hello’ while I yawned.

An ordinary day with splashes of colour,
Blue sky and sunshine, friendly smiles and bright flowers.

“Appreciate everything, even the ordinary.  Especially the ordinary.
~ Pema Chodron

No comments: