Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer Book Review -The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

This Tuesday’s theme would ordinarily be a singular book review. But! The Book group I belong to has stopped meeting for the summer. Does that mean I’ve stopped reading?  Not a chance. I will give you a brief review of the book I chose for this upcoming year. The Shadow of the Wind  by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It is a mystery of the highest order, accompanied by characters so real and tangible that they come with you through the pages as whispers of their story swirl around the moment. The rest of this review will not come until next year when I host the Book group in my home.

What else have I been reading this summer?  My own writing, rather academic in nature and from the past several years, which is, in itself, still in the shadows of construction. And to support that hard thinking activity -  Chapter by Chapter by Heather Sellers. More ‘how to’ reading for one who is not giving up her day job. This nurse wants and needs to learn the craft of writing to share my beliefs and a story or two in the pages of a book.

“Books can be dangerous. The best ones should 
be labeled “This could change your life.”
~ Helen Exley

No comments: