Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

When I was a Child - 3rd in Series

The following is from a writing exercise borrowed from the book Walking in The World by Julia Cameron. The words in italics are direct quotations from that book. I have already completed this exercise in my personal journal with answers a bit different. There are a total of 10 questions. I’ve done the first six on November 7th post. Today is one more work day - still two posts to go in this series. Here is my next post from Identify Your Identity in Chapter Two.

When I was a Child - Continued 2nd

The reason it is too late for me in this lifetime is......Well actually it isn't too late ~ even though I have considered that:
          a) I'm too old 
          b) no money tree around 
          c) Victoria is a veritable haven of writer's, artists 
          d) I'll just never be famous! 

But, although my passion for paper dolls has vanished, I still love designing, learning and now, word crafting. And, when I was lost in my paper doll fun, I didn’t know much about writing or what it was good for. Now, I can learn more about creative writing and with retirement soon upon me, I will have more time dedicated to writing the stories, poems and essays that swirl in my head.

“If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.”
~ Tom Stoppard

No comments: