Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Group Dynamics II

Now that the rest of us are awake! 
Against my better judgment, I’ve decided to do another Group Dynamics piece. I really didn't think there would be another opportunity so soon. Silly me. One question I left you with yesterday was what would occur when I went to bed last night. I struggled with keeping the kitten - present name Willie or William - with me in one bedroom, door closed and my grand-dogs, Eva and Percy would sleep in the living room area. Somehow that did seem right as Eva and Percy traditionally sleep with me: present pack leader and ‘grandma’.  But would that be a problem to leave Willie in his little play area - which he, with great agility, climbs out of to dash across to the sofa, curtains…..well you get the picture. But then, he would sleep. Wouldn’t he? 

My ultimate solution was to leave my bedroom door open, let my grand dogs assume their usual places on the bed and keep my toes and fingers crossed to allow freedom of movement for all of us. Twelve week old Willie would come with me at the head of the bed and ….sleep? In light of the amount of sleeping done throughout the day, I was not hopeful. I was correct. Consequently, although Eva and Percy slept fairly soundly, I however was awakened by a little velcro tongue licking my arms, my face and at least once inside my left ear. (I really should clean my ears out more often). Kitten naps were taken on my chest, with tail in my face, and loud kitten purring or on top of my head now and then. There was an occasional hiss when a dog raised a sleepy head. Needless to say it was an interesting night. Willie, my very busy little grand kitty, has still been busy but seems to be losing energy. Poor little guy is probably tired!

“But there was a kitten on my pillow, and it was purring in my face 
and vibrating gently with every purr, and very soon, I slept.”
~ Neil Gaiman

No comments: