Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Snowfall and Lace

Snowfall and Lace

It was time for a walk. I needed to clear my head after a rather busy day. Too many thoughts raced through my mind with no place to go. Shrugging on my coat, I slipped outside, leaving my family to clear up the supper dishes. The village was quiet. Soft gentle snow fell. As soon as I felt the first snowflake on the tip of my nose, my heart and mind softened. Ancient trees, still waiting for spring warmth, patterned dark lace against the slate blue evening sky. My mind balanced as easily as the gentle snowfall. A silent sigh escaped me and with it the tension of the day. A short walk outside, in the cold, had stayed my thoughts. 

“Well, I know now. I know a little more how much 
a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person.”
~ Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journal of Sylvia Plath

Author's Note: Title added to blog page February 05, 2024

No comments: