Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hindsight

Hindsight

Violet von Bergendorff stood impatiently in the grocery line tapping her foot while she waited for the clerk to ring through the groceries of the annoying woman in front of her.
Impeccably dressed as always, Violet felt her hair drooping, her freshly pressed dress wilting, and patches of moisture spreading under her arms.
Settling her impatience, she overheard the annoying woman’s voice break when she did not have enough money to pay for a loaf of bread and liter of milk.
Immediately ashamed, Violet knew that she hadn’t had to worry like that for a long time.
Opening her purse, she said to the clerk ‘I’ll be paying for those groceries, but I would like you to bag them for this young woman, please.’
‘Nina - that is your name, isn’t it - would you please help me get my groceries to my car, they are much too heavy for me?’

“Hindsight is a wonderful thing.”
~ David Beckham

No comments: