Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Winging It! ~ 1

Winging It! ~ 1

“Spontaneity! Please, do not tell me to be more spontaneous. Outside of  my schedules, I don’t have time to be spontaneous when I’m so tired!”

“Nevertheless, Hank, you are pushing yourself with everything that you do and I would just, for once, like to suggest we take off somewhere and you would say ‘Let’s go.” 

This was the argument that Hank and Rhonda had had over and over in the last couple of years. Always, ‘I’m too busy’ or ‘I have a deadline to meet’ or tons of other reasons. Now that Rhonda had finally given up and they hadn’t spoken for weeks, she found the brochure lying on the coffee table. Ecuador vacation, the brochure and plane tickets for next weekend!! It was the trip she’d been wanting for a very long time, but had put her suitcase in the basement and packed away her summer clothes. Tears kept streaking down her cheeks while she re-packed those summer clothes - into suitcases.

“You and I are flying off for that long awaited vacation, sweetie.”

“Patience is bitter, but it’s fruit is sweet.”
~ Aristotle



No comments: