Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Webbing and Latticework

And what has fascinated me today? The knowledge and facility that my massage therapist has about muscles, and their attachment to specific bones of the body. Do I know if all the names she uses are correct? A few I am familiar with, but the others I couldn’t even guess at their pronunciation or their spelling.

Another amazing thing, as I watch my fingers type this post, is the musculature that moves the bones of our skeleton. Kind of makes me feel like a puppet - and I get to pull the strings, or more correctly my muscles.

After identifying the webbing and lattice of the stars and spiders last evening, I reminded myself that the musculature of the human body is also a webbing and a lattice work. Layers of strength in muscles tiny, small, moderately sied or the great muscles of our legs are organized to allow our bodies to breath, to walk, to do pretty well everything that life has to offer us - good and not so good.

So does that mean, that on the inside, we’re constructed with the same theme as the universe and spider webs?

It certainly does give one pause.....................

“Muscles are in a most intimate and peculiar sense the organs of the will.”
~ G.Stanley Hall

No comments: