Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

My Winding Road

Down the winding path 

I followed a rough and

 traveled lane never looking 

for the far horizon 

knowing a near one lead

  only as far as my eyes 

could see in light or dark.


Told to follow my nose, 

      follow the money 

and learn from the journey 

   I picked a flower 

     sat under a tree 

   watched horsetail clouds 

gallop across the sky


but my heart said 

there was more to be and 

         in an instant 

I wanted to hurry and find ‘it’ 

yet the rain sheeted down, 

     slowed my pace.


This world felt too big for my heart.

To plant the smallest of gardens, 

   to honour and love the trees, 

believe in the beauty of the skies 

and create my home as I wished

   was the winding path 

my heart would follow.


“For every moment of joy Every hour of fear 

For every winding road that brought me here 

For every breath, for everyday of living 

This is my Thanksgiving.

~ Don Henley, singer

No comments: