Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Funtimes!

What I thought this morning was
‘What have I really wanted to do?’
I puzzled and wondered and gave myself a headache
Memory told me nothing except stories from others.
I really just wanted to have fun
Read any book on the shelf over and over
Go for long walks on prairie roads
Figure skate like the older girls that won medals
Work in the garden was always fun ~ landscaping was a thought!
Play piano without knowing about the notes or the ‘right’ form
Have my own horse like my cousins ~ and a palomino
Writing stories like Jo March in Little Women up in her garret
Dance like Ginger Rogers ~ and wear the fantastic dresses!
No thought to the possibility that
work is always involved in just having fun!
Not only that…..each time I’ve had real fun
Real deep down enjoyment ~ I’ve always worked
Put my heart into it and come out tired and smiling
~ except maybe when I’m reading a good book

“We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, 
or more deeply engrossed in anything , than when we are at play.”
~ Charles E. Schaefer

No comments: