Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

What’s Next?

What’s next? 

Always running around my mind like a squirrel in a cage. 

Trying to find my story inside the blur

of morning metallic radio voices of 

philosophy, history or culture

news of the day, 

comedy sketches or

the silence, 

the aloneness, 

the sameness everyday, 

the never ending reminders of the invisible 

the cotton wool of nothingness closing in on my mind. 

its softness seductive

Until I raise my head and wake from it all 

To see the blue sky, white streaks and puffs of cloud

Feel the cool wind on my face

Smell fresh, clean air

Hear juncos chittering, crows rasping

Children playing and laughing,

Cars and trucks busying the streets

Sun shining warm and bright

Life being lived and loved.


“Whatever happens next, I’m sure it’s going to be a great adventure.”

~ Jen Calonita, Paparazzi Princess


 

No comments: