Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Like Ginger Rogers

I could get all gushy about the rhythm of life, the rhythm of seasons, or maybe the planets 

spinning through the universe. But for tonight those things are far too esoteric. When I watch ballroom dancers, hear a two steppin’ C&W tune, or watch an couple jive to a ’60’s hit, my feet move on their own. It’s tough when I have to sit politely and appear civilized! As far as just walking in my own home, I don’t just walk across the floor, I glide 

ia clumsy imitation of Ginger Rogers, wearing blue jeans instead 

of a diaphanous flowing ball gown.

In the privacy of my own home, I can 

dream but in public I need to stick to 

what is the safest for us all ~ just a 

quiet tap tapping of my toes. It isn’t easy!


“ I have no desire to prove anything by dancing….I just dance.” 

~ Fred Astaire, actor/dancer

No comments: