Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Each Tomorrow

The little plant grew without my interference. Started out as one of three sprouts from a sweet potato that I hadn’t gotten around to eat. With a good chunk of sweet potato, I planted the sprouts. After several months, they sat in the soil looking sad. Two of the sprouts had dried up. I was going to throw it out but hesitated and set it outside. I had amended the soil with used coffee grounds and watered it now and then. I ignored it for the most part until one day I saw the tiniest little growth, and then a leaf. With the heat, it has become a lovely little plant that gives me one more leaf every couple of days. The beautiful little leaves make me happy!


Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better.”

~ Charles Dickens

No comments: