Dreading what turn the weather might take, I was very pleasantly surprised. The afternoon was bright and warm with just a cool breeze throughout the afternoon. A modest gathering sat in lawn chairs at a farm just north of Southey where we were entertained by Jeffrey Straker, a Canadian folk/roots singer-songwriter-pianist backed by an instrumentalist on a base cello. His music was lively and covered his Saskatchewan roots from the prairie skies to the demise of the tall grain elevators! He included the song he wrote for King Charles’ coronation, which did reach King Charles, who sent a gracious reply. Jeffrey is quite a story teller as well!
I attempted to take photos, but the sun was too bright and I was too moved by his music. These lilies were in my photo files that fit the bill.
“Folk music is the original melody of man;
it is the musical mirror of the world.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche


No comments:
Post a Comment