Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Attractions

Temptation to take a taxi instead of the bus was pushed 


aside. The sun was shining and the wind, today at least, 


was calm. It turned out to be 

a good thing, except that I 


was tempted once more at the bus stop where I sat on


a bench painted dark green. I shared a ‘good morning’ to passersby. Then I 


wondered. Do I take a photo of the clouds 

that were called horse tails when I was a kid. 


Was that only yesterday? Or will my bus slide 

by me while I have my head tilted up and 


my eye on the clouds instead being 

vigilant for the #10 bus. But then I saw 


a fish’s mouth, open wide, at the tip of one

of the horse tails. No matter how hard I tried, 


I could not see any bus even 4 blocks away. 

Temptation won out. Such relief to have these 


little temptations call me to account. The #10 

came, I stepped aboard leaving the clouds to themselves.


“Temptation to behave is terrible.”

~ Bertolt Brecht, German poet

No comments: