Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Bright Spot

When I’m preparing to write my blog post, I look back over my day for a moment of clarity. A bright spot. A new awareness. What has made me feel good in my day. While I’m recalling the events of my day, I don’t forget to feel sorry for myself. It’s too easy to dive into the sadness, or anger or maybe just plain frustration. And then I'm reminded……….

My bright spot today? Being so very proud of my son Jason. An essential member of the team of artists that won a Daytime Emmy award, at the end of April, for their incredible work in R.L.Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls on Netflix. Jason would be the first to remind me that he is part of a team. ‘This honour is shared, ma’.

I will confess I have not watched this movie, but it doesn’t diminish my pride. Jason has accepted any challenges that his chosen career has handed him. And I’m just proud and pleased to be his mom.

p.s. Will be checking out Netflix this weekend!

“Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, 
but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.”
~ C.J.Milbrandt, On Your Marks: The Adventure Begins

No comments: